Saturday, August 3, 2013

Ranger Mom :)

The summer is nearing an end and I realized the other day that we have yet to visit mom at her work. She's a maintenance worker in the summer months at Great Basin National Park. It would be a shame to let the season pass before taking some more photos of her in her green and grey NPS uniform ;)

Last week we had some isolated thunderstorms. Baker didn't get much out of those threats. I makes for cool scenery and beautiful cloud formations. These photos were taken going up the main highway to the park:




We learned where mom was working, we headed up to the residential area of the park and found her painting the Resource Management building. She has been "the painter" all summer. Along with various fill-in jobs where needed. I was watching Charlie that day too. It was a beautiful day to get them out of the house for a while......




My mom, she's always been such a hard worker and the product is beautiful in every task she completes....



After we left, we paused at the kids favorite road art: The Alien. 
The kids were happy to pose. I always laugh when I ask Charlie to smile and most of the time it's the same facial expression.... like he's in pain. Haha!


Here is an example of our typical constant-changing weather patterns in the Great Basin. That isolated thunderstorm we saw earlier that danced on the ground...... vanished!


That's also a great example of how I feel this entire summer has gone.
It arrived, then just like that...... vanishes! 

No comments:

Post a Comment