Monday, August 26, 2013

Ava is 6 !

 My little girl isn't so little anymore. My kids are growing like the weeds in my garden right before my eyes! I can't believe Ava is 6 years old now. She's been looking forward to her birthday since her friends Matthew and Charlie both turned 6 before her (in May and June). Over the years, I have learned that it's important to enjoy every stage of your child's growth. Their personalities, abilities, and development constantly change as the days expire from the calender.

Anyway, Ava had school on her actual day of birth. While she was in class, Isaac and I spent the morning baking up treats to take to her school. I can always count on my little helper in the kitchen. He loves it and I appreciate his interest. He was eager to lick the batter off the spoon, of course :)


I didn't have any horse decorations for the cupcakes at this time. When you live 70 miles from the nearest grocery store you can't just run a quick errand for things on your list. Even Amazon takes 2 days ;)
 So, Isaac and I decorated with something that we thought Ava (and her classroom full of boys) would enjoy: Reptiles! 



Close-up view:


The class treated Ava with a "Happy Birthday" song :)
She was a little shy being in the spotlight..... lol


Did I mention Ava is the only girl in her class? She's a tough cookie though! lol


She was so eager on the morning of her birthday, she woke herself up and put on something special.


She showed me the life-sized picture of herself that she's been working on at the school.........
Awwwww


Hey! Even Spongebob made the party!!!!!!


Or maybe it was Ava's little brother :)
"You like crabby patties, don't you?" 
Haha :D


After their healthy lunches, they consumed their cupcakes........





......Another year through............

No comments:

Post a Comment