As we drove up, we basked in the September glow of the aspens. They seem to be lit up like each leaf was it's own light. Beautiful time of day. I was thinking about how I am drawn to this season. Yes, the temperatures are usually ideal, but then it clicked. Yellow is my favorite color. I've always been drawn to it and it's the color of the season. I've always loved sunflowers ~ yellow. I'm allergic to rabbit brush but always enjoyed its beauty in the fall ~ yellow! Then there's the aspens! Ha!
I was once told that there are not many people who have yellow as their favorite color. I've always been drawn to the color. Bryan and I got married in September and had sunflowers as a theme. My bridesmaid dresses and flower decor were yellow. Anyway, one of those Ah Ha moments!
My usual spot for taking photos of the kids is at the Summit Trailhead:
My terrific trio with hair the color of the season :)
It was time to go exploring with Gretchen, Emma, and Matthew!
The times where I get busy and get lost in the daily grind ~ my kids remind me not to take life too serious. To laugh and play more. Willow is at the age where she finds joy in every little thing. I love that.
Emma and Matthew are seasoned explorers. It's good to have friends to share endless adventures with! Many times you can't find Matthew unless you look hard!
This is one of those moments when the kids asked us to take their picture. Why of course! ;)
Freedom to roam......
It seemed to be a perfect September day at 10,000 ft.......
At the amphitheater, the kids were giving an interpretive talk; hat and everything :)
Thanks for taking our group photo Gretchen!
Gretchen and I had a lot of fun doing photography......
Every day has to wrap up. It was hard to get motivated to depart this beauty.
Gretchen and I had so much fun that we talked about our next adventure. Haha!
It would be an after-school hike on a new trail in the park that neither of us had stepped foot on yet :)
No comments:
Post a Comment