Zeek captured a baby Jackrabbit. We took pictures of it, let it go and washed our hands.... lol
One day, I was surprised to walk into my master bathroom to find it occupied. I guess Willow is takig potty-training to another level.... haha
Evening bike rides. We need to do this more often. It's been harder to get motivated to bike now that we have school nights. Of course, I love that we can many times have the whole road to ourselves.
Our ducks are getting bigger. I can't remember if I even mentioned that we had a couple. The are supposed to be Ava's responsibility. I love birds though. I like them around; but not their poop ;)
We helped Aidan celebrate his 9th birthday....
Can you tell these blue eyed blondies are cousins? Haha
Willow learned how to pedal a bike! It's now one of her favorite activities....
I could've posted a few more pics of these cute girls..... lol
I'm volunteering sporadically over at the EskDale High School, reminding the P.E class to stretch through yoga. Lengthened muscles are happy muscles :)
We celebrated Ava's birthday on the 21st. She really wanted to ride horses. So, we set her up an afternoon of riding with Aunt Tammy in Nephi, UT. Tammy's yard is full of fun things!
Jon's new motorcycle project. He's always got something going on.....
Tammy took these photos of Ava on the horseback ride. She was in horse heaven!
They rode up on the Ponderosa Pine Trail at Mt. Nebo......
Bryan, Jon, another friend and I went to a concert (Old Crow Medicine Show). It was fantastic. We upgraded to VIP seats for free. It was great to have a date night too.
The National Park Service had their Centennial by launching off a new Great Basin Observatory. Now we will be able to view the night sky at a whole new level. Pretty exciting!
Governor Sandoval and a few other Nevada representatives to attended the ceremony.
I was honored to be the official photographer for Great Basin National Park. It was so much fun to document the day.....
The younger generation helped bury a time capsule......
The ladies ensemble from EskDale school came to sing for the event.......
Ribbon-cutting ceremony!
The energy of the large crowd (and maybe my avatar as a paparazzi) gave me courage to push through the crowd and get a selfie with the governor :)
#WINNING
We all went down to the Great Basin Visitor Center where we indulged in sweet treats. Cupcakes made by "Salt & Sucre" (local catering business). They were inviting, beautiful, and delicious.
I actually got hundreds of photos at the event. It was a great turn-out. The summer visitation at the park has increased this year. Not sure if it's because of the centennial or news is getting out about this area more. The night sky is definitely a big draw. It is a precious resource.
I blinked, then came September!




No comments:
Post a Comment