Monday, September 19, 2016

Wrapping up Swimming Season

Quite frankly, I don't remember the last time we swam in a lake in Snake Valley after Labor Day weekend. We've had an extended summer. It felt good to soak in the September sun while the sand sifted through our toes. The water was still warm; mostly because it was so low. But, this crowd knows how to have fun in deep or shallow waters!
I took a moment to watch the kids on the beach. It was sad to think that summer-like days were wrapping up. We are hoping to have an extended Fall season. I'm not ready for snow to fly yet....





The boys started digging a hole. I had a feeling where this was headed :)






Ava and Emma returned from their walk finding treasures...




It took a lot of time and effort to create a hole large enough to fit half their bodies in.
Eventually, it was deep and sloppy enough that the kids climbed in ~
and transformed into mud warriors!



This little mud warrior wanted to wash off pretty quick haha







Still, the project continued....










I think they were pretty happy about their creativity....




John took these next photos :)




 It's a good day when you enjoy the elements and lose track of time.
Nothing in the schedule to rush home to. Just play.

No comments:

Post a Comment