It was great to have Charlie come out with us. There were many other people interested to see the process that evening......
Some of the bat crew.......
Bryan scooping up the bat after it hits the net.....
A little after 9:30 pm, we all stood there witnessing a crazy, slow moving streak move across the sky. Too slow to be a meteor. Also, too many amazing, intense colors ~ like a firework. Simply amazing. We were pretty excited yelling "What the %$#& is that ?!"
We were all in awe, and very excited.
Minutes later there were 2 sonic booms that followed. It wasn't long before the mystery lights hit the news channels. We learned that it was pieces of a Chinese rocket. You don't see that very often either.
The space junk was such a memorable experience that Isaac wrote about it in his summer homework journal :)
While I'm on the topic of night skies, I've been experimenting with my new camera lens. I took a few photos in the yard experimenting with the Willow tree in the foreground. The flashlight was way too bright but I still like the haunting, windy look of it......
We camped out at the Baker Archeological Site one night with Gretchen, Matthew, and Emma. It was during the Perseid meteor shower. I was able to capture a few streaking through the sky.....
This next one you can see the Strawberry Fire Camp glow......
The sun was starting to come up .......
I had the opportunity to take a Night Sky Photography workshop in Baker. I am so glad I participated. I learned a lot and we put our new hobby to the test that night. Because the moon was so bright we experimented with Day - Night photography. This is where the photo looks like day because of the light of the moon, but you see stars. Pretty cool. This next photo I tried to get the Big Dipper in with the sagebrush foreground....
Experimented with star trails......
Anyway, I'm not going to get all crazy with photoshop or anything like that (maybe someday?).
For now, I just figured since I live under one of the darkest night skies in the country - it would be nice to know how to photograph it somewhat ........
At least I'll have fun trying ;)



















































Loved all these photos! Good job keeping up your blog, I am so behind!
ReplyDeleteYeah! It's really EASY to get behind! I'm trying not to get too far in the dust myself!
ReplyDelete