Saturday, September 6, 2014

Ava Turns 7 !

Can it be? Ava is 7 ! I can't wrap my head around that it's been that long since we first held her in our arms August 21, 2007. Seven years! This year we had a Safari theme complete with an "I Spy Treasure Hunt Expedition" around the town of Baker.....


I ordered goodies for the end of the treasure hunt: adorable hats, sunglasses, and lollipops.....



I stored them in these cute little safari boxes.....



Throw some jungle critters in the mix and there's a party! Ha!


I decided because the party was after school that we'd have cupcakes first thing ~ then we'd send them off on the expedition after their sugar rush.







A few of them made it to the trampoline while the others finished up.....




The first couple of spots on the treasure hunt, we got a group photo of the intrepid searchers......


I would read (or show) a clue ~ then they would be off!




A couple of the spots had water, which was a refreshing break......




Success! They found the treasure, and they worked hard for it!







Willow was all smiles for Ava's special day :)




Speaking of special, Nanna Val made it to the party......



That evening we had family over for dinner where Ava officially blew out her candles and opened gifts.....

A couple of days later, we drove to Spring Creek to help Addison celebrate her birthday (which actually falls on the same day!). Lucky for us, Rachel threw her party on the weekend, so we were happy to attend......



Water balloon toss......



Rachel had a cake for both Ava and Addison (both had their favorite things: Horses and Princesses). That was really sweet.






Addison and Ava blowing out candles at the same time........





All this activity and food just wears a person out.........




Happy 4th Birthday Addison! 


We found Nemo........ poor fish


Crazy aunt Audrey :)




It was so great to help celebrate;
Thanks for all your work and hospitality Rachiehulous! XO

Special thanks to all our family & friends for the cards, gifts, and kind words. You made Ava's day very special. She had a wonderful birthday thanks to you all! 

No comments:

Post a Comment