Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Moab Weekend: Rafting

The last weekend in June we met up with friends for a camping trip on the Colorado River. Karla and Patrick initiated the trip. I've never been rafting before so I was eager to go. All of our group traveled many miles and joined us at the group site: Patrick, Karla, Colin, Meg, Rosaleen, Daryl, Audrey, and our family. Our friend Laura, who lives in Moab, visited with us part of the time.



Shortly after dinner we jumped into the river to cool off. The temperatures that night didn't fall below 80 degrees. I could have slept in the river........ lol




The following day after breakfast, we cooled off again. Seriously, it's deadly if you don't seek shade or water in Moab in the summer!
I had Rosaleen take these photos ;)




Kicking those feet in the river current makes a little boy tired...............











Ava, the energizer bunny............






We decided we better get ourselves out of the water and get ready to float down the river. I didn't bring my bulky, expensive camera on the raft of course, so I was grateful when Audrey and Daryl took their pocket sized ones!
The following photos are from Daryl:
We spent a good 5-6 hours in and on the water. It was a fabulous, relaxing day. Ava and Isaac loved it too!


Isaac fell asleep at one point..............


Periodically, we would beach the raft on a sandy island. We'd have some snacks, chill out, or play in the mud and water...........




Surprise find on the beach............... "beach babe?" 
lol





The rest of these photos are Audrey's instagram photos, which I happily stole.
She's used to me doing that :) 







This is the life! 
"Thank you Patrick and Karla for the amazing adventure!"

No comments:

Post a Comment