I will remember the year 2013 as the year of extreme temperatures. It was the coldest, most bitter winter that I could remember, and then the summer has been scorching with continuous winds. There were many days in a row where it was just lethal to leave the house until 5 pm. I felt like I spent my time trying to keep my plants alive around my yard. It's only been recently that we've had a break from the misery with monsoonal cloud cover and some rain. I welcome the afternoon thunderstorms in mid to late summer! We finally had our real first thunderstorm and soak on the fourth of July. So much precipitation in fact that Eskdale had to cancel the music program and fireworks (again). Repeat of last year :)
So, we've been keeping our cool by keeping wet when we can. I took these photos on a day that we were watching Charlie.
Just had to show you our beautiful cholla in bloom...........
Since we had the welcoming arrival of clouds, the sunsets have been amazing. Here is the view from my driveway............
Here's to the summer monsoon!
No comments:
Post a Comment