Saturday, July 20, 2013

Albuquerque Trip: In Transit

Bryan had a conference in Albuquerque, NM for a week. This was an great chance to stay with Sarah and Violet too. It's been too long since we have seen them. July 5th, we loaded up our luggage and hit the road again. We decided to make the trip cheaper by camping instead of getting a motel. Plus, it's something we enjoy :)
We drove to Moab and set up by the river again.


We were excited to try out our new tent! We love it! It's really not that hard to set up either. You have to stake it in really good because there are two rooms. It's comfortable for all 4 of us (soon to be 5!) We can even stand up in it. This tent is all we are going to need to have the comforts in nature...... lol





We cooked up some corn on the cob and hot dogs. We didn't stay up too late. We were tired from the drive and knew we had a lot more driving in the morning.


We weren't too anxious to leave the river the next day. We drove down to "Sandy Beach" and launched ourselves in the water......


Isaac loves to make crabby patties; I mean mud pies :)




This is what I mean about "launching" ourselves in the water.......... Haha!



Silly, cute kids ........







The river, by the way, is a great place to receive a derma exfoliation ~ by tiny schools of fish that eagerly nibble your dead skin. It sounds gross, but it felt funny and relaxing. I tried to convince the fish to work on my feet instead of my armpits :)



It was great to be back in the Colorado River :)




At this point in my pregnancy, I was 21 weeks; halfway through! The view of my toes is slowly disappearing. However, if I gain a pound a week I may not paint, let alone see my toes in a month! lol
I may have to take a picture at week 25 to compare........


After a refreshing swim, we loaded back up to shorten the distance between Sarah & Violet and us......


We were excited to get to New Mexico!

No comments:

Post a Comment