When we left for Albuquerque, on July 5th, lightning caused a fire to break out within the Highland Ridge Wilderness and Great Basin National Park. As of July 15th, it burned around 3,225 acres. The last couple of days it seems the fire has picked up fuel and they recruited more vehicles and firefighters back to the scene again. At least we noticed last night. I haven't seen an updated report since the 15th.
I heard from a source that you can see Lexington Arch from the trailhead now. I actually anticipate hiking it when it's safe (and when I'm up to it) to see the changes. Maybe someday we will see bighorn sheep tap-dancing on the limestone arch in their newly created habitat.
lol
You never know ;)
Visibility has been impaired, obviously ~ especially for the visitors to the park.
A couple of nights the smoke has permeated the valley enough that it felt like we were sleeping by a campfire.
I obtained this fantastic photo from my friend, Margaret Pense, who took this photo at Pruess Lake:
I heard from a source that you can see Lexington Arch from the trailhead now. I actually anticipate hiking it when it's safe (and when I'm up to it) to see the changes. Maybe someday we will see bighorn sheep tap-dancing on the limestone arch in their newly created habitat.
lol
You never know ;)
Visibility has been impaired, obviously ~ especially for the visitors to the park.
A couple of nights the smoke has permeated the valley enough that it felt like we were sleeping by a campfire.
I obtained this fantastic photo from my friend, Margaret Pense, who took this photo at Pruess Lake:
At least we still have our lovely sunsets..........
Home. Sweet. Home. *Cough* *Cough*
lol :D
No comments:
Post a Comment