Wednesday, July 31, 2013

McGill Swimming Pool

July 22nd, it was Bryan's birthday. We were also watching Charlie that day. Bryan decided for his special day to go swimming. He decided we should go and try out the pool in McGill. I was excited because this would be a first for us.
On the way, just outside of Ely we explored one of the side roads.......



What originally caught our eye was the herd of about 30 Elk hanging around the marsh. This was as close as we could get. At least my camera :)






Lots of birds, including a couple of herons were present.......





When we got to Ely, we had a quick bite to eat before heading to the water.......


"Why haven't we been here before?"
This natural pool is has clean, clear spring water (no chlorine).. with little fish that swim around if you look for them. There are slides, jumping boards, and other misc recreational accessories. Lots of sand and plenty of water to exercise in.
Yes, I was impressed. Also, since it is in McGill you know it's not going to be crowded!  :)


We were all excited to experience this new-to-us place. Really, I can't believe this is the first time we've been here. Sad, really.
Haha :D



I love how Isaac, my little daredevil, climbed up the stairs and immediately launched himself out of the slide.....








It was a relaxing day. There were kids over by the bridge catching fishes and crawdads......




After a few runs, Isaac took a short break......




A game or two of tetherball will soon warm him up for the pool again......


Going in for the block.......


Ava and Charlie engaged in conversation on the swings......




Soon, they returned to the pool.........







I thought the kids looked so adorable in their goggles....











I laughed at the kids being propelled out of the slide. Charlie wasn't ready for a slippery slide that day, but he laughed with me. I had to go get my camera for some action shots:







We'll have to come back to McGill pool again some other time. After leaving, we headed back into Ely for a treat. Here are some random photos of things in between the towns of Ely and McGill.




Since it was Bryan's birthday, he got to pick where he wanted to go :)
We ended up at the Old Fashioned Soda Shop! 


We ended up meeting this nice gentleman sitting next to us and engaged in good conversation. He later revealed that one of his passions is being a puppeteer! He said he would love to come out to Baker sometime. We told him we'd invite him for one of our birthday parties :)
The kids loved it when he put his unique sunglasses on:




He let Bryan model them off :) 


Ha ha!  :D


We had a great time and enjoyed our ice cream sundays.......... Yummers!





We were all happy to share Bryan's birthday with him.


I think the day proved to be eventful and exciting, judging by the next photo as we drove home that evening.....


Another delicious summer day...... too soon, the school season will be here!

2 comments:

  1. Wow, Isaac sure is brave going down the slide! Did you give it a try? It really launches me because I'm too tall to sit up in it!

    We've seen that puppeteer at the fair, he's good. It would be so much fun to see him again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol no, I really wanted to go down the slide. But, I didn't want to do it preggers.
    Yeah, that puppeteer guy was really cool and nice....

    ReplyDelete