Gretchen, our local Author, was the guest speaker this year!
I think everyone should have her book in their personal library.
Her talk was facinating. I grew up here in Snake Valley and she revealed information I didn't know about!
She did a great job holding everyone's attention.......
Ms. Phillips, representing the schools, formally acknowledged Gretchen's achievement and to thank her for taking the time to share wonderful information & stories from her book........
Afterward, the kids got to work on a project while the rest of us got to view and read their books. I have to say, we got a great crop of talented little authors and illustrators here in Snake Valley! I was impressed!
The kids really enjoyed signing all their peers books!
I went ahead and took some pictures of all the K, 1, 2 graders books:
And, my little author/illustrator ~ Ava Moriah :)
I have to say that I was shocked with Ava's book. One, that it wasn't about a horse! Two, that she thought of Isaac for one of her subjects! Hahaha
They all did such a wonderful job; you could tell by their drawings and the story lines.....
Plus, I think they had fun with it :)
At the end of the day the kids had to do their homework. They had to write and draw about the Young Author's Fair.
I thought it was cute when she drew a picture of the guest speaker (with her book), Gretchen!
Gretchen, you made an impression!
Thank you!
And also to the staff! :)
I'm so honored by Ava's drawing! Thanks for documenting the afternoon, it was a lot of fun.
ReplyDelete