Saturday, April 13, 2013

Weekend Trip: Red Rock Visitor Center

The Visitor Center was full of interesting exhibits. They even had some interactive things for the kids. There were many people there sharing the beautiful day. Like I mentioned before, I was eager to see if the tortoises were out!





The tortoises did come out for a visit!

Tortoise Crossing! 





Doesn't it look like a proud tortoise?
They live a long time, so they must be old and wise :)


I thought there were only two tortoises in this shelter. However, one turtle pushed out another. Then, again; and yet again! There were a total of 5 just in that one spot! 











One was thirsty. Another was hungry........


These next two looked deep in conversation, or just stared deeply in each other's eyes......




Here is a short video clip I took of one tortoise confronting another:


*Special thanks to Daryl! 

Our trip concluded when we got home Sunday night and went to bed around 11:30 pm........
totally worth it though!
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment