This is the coordinator for the whole event......
My uncle Daryl (AKA Duck) lived nearby and was able to attend the presentation. We were looking forward to spending more time with him on Saturday and Sunday......
Following the presentation, I browsed the herpetological replicas they had on a table in the front of the room.
Then, they brought out the live animals!
Ava was eager to hold a box turtle that one of the members brought in.....
The Nevada State Herpetologist brought in a couple of Gila Monsters.....
Then, there was this way-over-fed gopher snake.........Haha
Lastly, we all went outside where Bryan demonstrated the appropriate, safe way to handle a venomous snake.
All in all ~ the meeting went great, and the kids showed great patience through the entire thing. I was a proud mama!
The next morning, we rewarded the kids positive behavior by spending quality time at Circus Circus (in the Adventure Dome). They got to go on a dozen different rides, played games, and watched Spongebob Squarepants in 4D! I did manage to go on the largest coaster ride in the place, which was a thrill. But, mostly it was entertaining watching the delight in Ava and Isaac's faces........ lol
After all the activity, I was eager to go relax at Daryl's house :)
No comments:
Post a Comment