The Museum of Ancient Life is located at Thanksgiving Point in Lehi, Utah. We passed it frequently and each time we told ourselves and each other "sometime we need to go check that out!" So, we finally did on Monday. It was much more than I expected! They did a great job making sure to include all the different ways people learn: auditory, visual, and tactile. Their slogan is "No Touching? No way!"
I was impressed with every room we entered. There was a Discovery Room, Working Paleontology Lab, Erosion Table, Design-A-Dino, Dig Quarry, in addition to a Mammoth Screen Theater (which we didn't see). They had over 50 interactive, hands-on displays. It was definately a super-sized, hands-on prehistoric experience like they advertise. Very impressive! What would have made the experience a little more pleasant is if the kids were in better moods. Isaac was an angry little orangutan most of the time. He must have been tired. In any case, we were going to make the most of our time. This museum had 60 complete dinosaur skeletons; which apparently is more than any other dinosaur museum in the world. So, be prepared to view 60 photos below ;)
lol
I couldn't help myself. Here's a tour inside these large walls:
Enjoy!
There was one room dedicated to the "Science of Listening"..............
Isaac's favorite listening experiment ~ the drums!
Wonder what they are doing? Here's the explanation:
Trilobite fossils from where else? Millard County of course!
We needed more time. There will be a next time ;)
Cool! Looks like a neat place, especially since they let kids touch stuff. ;)
ReplyDeleteYeah, very impressive place to take the kids! I would recommend it!
ReplyDeleteThe kids have been there, but I haven't. After seeing your photos, I want to go!
ReplyDeleteAllow yourself a lot of time! There is sooooo much in there! There's even a cafe and theater.
Delete