Monday, December 29, 2014

Go Tell It On The Mountain

...........  over the hills, and everywhere! 

It's been a warm winter, until the end of last week. There was one day where around 11:00 am it was 60 degrees at 5,000 ft! There has been some white added to the surroundings just recently.
Audrey and I took the kids to Kious Basin for a little hike/rock climbing. We were a little over dressed for this adventure, but I didn't want to be sorry if it did suddenly get real cold. I was looking forward to taking this hike (and getting in some exercise) because I knew the following day we were going to be in the car for 6 or so hours.

So ~ off we went, through the trees........



Pine cones crunched under our boots.......



Over the granite rocks........



It was steep at times, making it an exciting challenge.......




Ava paused to widdle a stick......


It was a beautiful time of day. This is Kious Basin looking down at the town of Baker.......


The adventure got a little more exciting when we discovered a frozen pool of water in the rocks.......







Audrey took these next three :) 



Say, "Winter Solstice Hike!" 


After playing and taking in the beautiful surroundings, we treaded back......


Willow is generally a happy camper, but she kept removing her cap from her head and would whine when the wind picked up. But, she's still a great little trooper for all adventures we embark on ........



No one sat on any cacti coming down from the hike :)
Just a stump at the end.........


Willow's little pointer finger is always busy......  I love it
:)
Haha
What a great evening!

No comments:

Post a Comment