Saturday, September 22, 2012

Aspen Adventure

We joined Gretchen, Matthew, Emma, and Ernesto on a great Fall day at the Wheeler Peak Summit Trailhead. The leaves are turning. It's especially beautiful this time of year. I would like to drive back up there in a week and see what it looks like then. The colors of this season remind me every year that it's the "show before the snow"......


 
Group shot!
 
 
Friends support friends.......

Aren't Isaac and Emma getting big? *sniff*


 


Pinecones are so exciting!  lol
 

 
 

 
Aspens take on really strange shapes at 10,000 feet in elevation..... but it's the added stress from the elements.......
One of them reminded me of a totem pole :)
 

 
 


After a while, I couldn't help but notice all the eyes on the trees...... lol
Like the forest was watching us ;)
 



 

 

I've always had a love for aspens :)
 

1 comment:

  1. Your photos came out great! I was just looking up there today and was thinking that it's time for another trip up. It's so beautiful!

    ReplyDelete