Sunday, June 3, 2012

1491

..........This is the number of massages I've kept track of (on file) to date. This doesn't include massages I've done before or during college; or before I obtained a license. I've course I've always worked part time doing it too. It's been a great, eye-opening experience. Not one body is the same, so I feel like I have a new canvas each time someone gets on my table.
It's a rewarding thing to witness the transformation of a body through the power of touch.
The human body is complicated and truly amazing! It speaks to us clearly and regularly;  you just have to be willing to listen.
Here is a link to an interesting article; not necessarily about massage but concerning the importance of "touch" and the power of a hug:

http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/health-and-families/health-news/how-the-power-of-touch-reduces-pain-and-even-fights-disease-419462.html


UNBLOCK

 
The root of all health is in the brain.
The trunk of it is in emotion.
The branches and leaves are the body.
The flower of health blossoms
When all parts work together.
~Kurdish folk wisdom

No comments:

Post a Comment