Because the wind caused us to abandon our plans to fish on Free Fishing Day in Nevada, we decided to go ahead with our plans and throw a line in on Sunday. Honestly, I didn't think we'd have much success. I've never seen anyone catch a fish in Pruess Lake as long as I've lived here. But again, I thought there were primarily bottom-feeders here, AKA Catfish. Bryan proved me wrong. He ended up catching 1 Carp and 8 Perch! This photos may surprise you. I was amazed at the size of some of these fish! lol
I enjoy fishing (and just being an observer) because it's relaxing, but it's even more fun to catch something! Zeek didn't know what to make of these wiggly, wet critters..... HahaThe first fish Bryan caught was the Carp, then he proceeded to catch Perch one after the other........
| I told Bryan to show the fish some love...... lol OK, I said "Kiss the fish!" |
| CMBDI'S? |
Zeek managed to find a satisfying bone along with a decaying fish to chew on
.
I made oatmeal, chocolate chip cookies that day, so I brought some along....... yummers!
| My little Cookie Monster ;) |
| Hook removal |
"He's a Big Fat Fish"......... as sung by Walkin' Jim Stoltz
........ minutes passed, and the Perch kept taking the bait; each time was just exciting as the time before. Especially as they seem to be bigger with every pull.........
LOL
I, by the way, am not going to claim that I captured any of these. That would be quite the fish tale. I just posed to look cool.............. lol
Here is the catch of the day with this female that Bryan said was carrying eggs........
Geeez ~ I'm excited to go back (and bring my swimming gear).
"Good Job Hunny B!"
I think I'm married to a reptile/fish whisperer....... Haha
No comments:
Post a Comment