Using your imagination while visiting a junkyard can transform trash into treasure. Just a short walk through the sagebrush from my house there sits an old rusty truck. Ava and Isaac like to "drive" it and play around. Granted, we have to watch out for broken glass and rusted cans - but, it's still pretty fun. My goal, which is no secret, is to get my kids out of the house for a little while; weather permitting. So, by the time we walk to this mini junkyard and play around for a little while - I successfully wear them out.
I lie.
lol
It's really hard to wear my kids out. They should both be the real maskots for energizer battery. Seriously. They could both fatigue that energizer bunny!
I lie.
lol
It's really hard to wear my kids out. They should both be the real maskots for energizer battery. Seriously. They could both fatigue that energizer bunny!
I actually found this circular piece of metal and installed a steering wheel.
lol



Ava knows how to use reverse psychology on Isaac. She manipulates him to do what she wants. It does work most of the time. Yep, she's figured out a system and she's going to use it.
lol :D
lol
The next couple of months I'll continue to work on my CEU's for my national
certification renewal (coming up in 2012.) On my free time I've been working on finishing up Ava's (birth - 12 month) photo album. Then, I'll start Isaac's. After I'm done with his then I'm going to have shutterfly and blogger make my albums. Ha ha. I'm just to busy to do photo albums anymore. It's taken me 4 1/2 years to do Ava's first year album! Hopefully Isaac's won't take that long...... I'll try to plug away with it on these long winter days/evenings. Bryan is busy with work & school. In between, he's been enjoying playing guitar, basketball, and hunting.
Isaac is still working on the last tooth. It's taking a while to push through. When it does, I'll schedule Isaac for an appointment with Dr. Morales. He'll determine if Isaac needs further surgery.
Isaac has gone potty 4-5 times (no pressure) all by himself this week. I've been making sure to ask him if he needs to go potty periodically. He'll either nod or shake his head. When he nods - he actually goes! Sometimes he'll even walk up to me and tug at the front of his pants to tell me that he wants to go! He always gets praise & a treat when he's done :)
I don't know how long this will last or if he'll keep it up but - we'll see........ if he's ready ;)
Isaac has gone potty 4-5 times (no pressure) all by himself this week. I've been making sure to ask him if he needs to go potty periodically. He'll either nod or shake his head. When he nods - he actually goes! Sometimes he'll even walk up to me and tug at the front of his pants to tell me that he wants to go! He always gets praise & a treat when he's done :)
I don't know how long this will last or if he'll keep it up but - we'll see........ if he's ready ;)
I'm going to roll with it.......but I'm not going to get my hopes up at this point.
Ava knows how to use reverse psychology on Isaac. She manipulates him to do what she wants. It does work most of the time. Yep, she's figured out a system and she's going to use it.
lol :D
Your junkyard looks fun! It's fun seeing how the kids interact. I had to laugh when I read that Ava already knows about reverse psychology! I'm crossing my fingers for you about Isaac's toilet training...you never know, he could do it early!
ReplyDeleteGretchen, we should take the kids to Baker Ranch's junkyard. I bet there are LOADS of vehicles :) I think Nomi once took Charlie and Ava there to play. They'd have lots of fun!
ReplyDeleteYeah, I never put Isaac on the potty - he just started doing it. I just have to ask him regularly if he needs to go. I'm trying not to get too excited; but I can't help it :)