Sunday, November 13, 2011

11/11/11


................was the date when I took these photos. Just thought that was cool :)

In light of Thanksgiving fiercely approaching, I would just like to say how thankful I am for our garden. We are still enjoying our rooted fresh veggies; (and mom's if you count her potatoes!)
The deer are enjoying them too as they ate most of the greens off the tops. But, with the help of Isaac - we pulled out a large bundle of superfood! We left some carrots in the ground and covered them with straw.

The best thing about them is that last a l.o.n.g time in the refridgerator! Now, I have to think of ideas for meals using them...........

Here's to boiled beets and carrot cake! Yummers!
Isaac was happy to show the scale of our harvest ;)
When Bryan and I were in Walmart last week - we noticed that a single large beet ran just under $2.00. Crazy!


I finished up Ava's photo album that I've been working on uh-hum, for a while now........
I'm going to start on Isaac's as soon as I get the prints delivered via snail mail this week. I love progress!

Bryan, Jon, and Ava have been duck-hunting fools this weekend...... Ha ha (I'll post a few photos next blog).

No comments:

Post a Comment