That's the word I would use to describe our home now. Last Saturday, between the hours of 10:30 am & 4:00 pm) John Sheppard (with Bryan's help) installed our wood stove! It was a beautiful day to do it too. It was a success to have it finished before the arrival of Old Man Winter (who will make a small appearance on Wednesday)..... lol
Ava and Charlie had fun playing all day. Isaac, my tired little man, slept quite a bit - even through the loud sounds that penetrated through the house........
Where they put the hole in the roof - ended up being an ideal spot. Everything went surprisingly smooth ;)
This is the biggest home improvement project since we painted the house a couple years ago.


"HI GUYS!"





Test run on the stove - Bryan cranked up the heat! lol
We had to open windows and doors for a while so the "new" stove pipe toxin smell could burn off.....wheeewy



The most exciting part? Grandpa and Grandma Hamilton are going to join us for Christmas this year (all the way from Ohio) !!!!!!! It's going to be a treat.... I can hardly wait!
*Singing* "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way"..........
This is the biggest home improvement project since we painted the house a couple years ago.
"HI GUYS!"
Test run on the stove - Bryan cranked up the heat! lol
We had to open windows and doors for a while so the "new" stove pipe toxin smell could burn off.....wheeewy
I love our stove and the fact that we can watch the flames dance around. It's aesthetically pleasing ~ and just in time for the holiday season. Obviously it can really do its job; fast!
We don't think our electric heat will kick on anytime soon..... we'll see.
"Thank you for your expertise & hard work John! Thank you for your help too hunny B!"
:)
Since we installed the stove - I'll have to think of a different place to put the Christmas tree (away from the fire).... ha ha. I'm looking forward to the next month. Every weekend there is something going on: Hanks Christmas get-together, Isaac's birthday party, Yacapraro party, EskDale School Christmas Banquet, Baker & EskDale schools Christmas plays. In between - we'll cut/ set up our tree & decorate for the holidays. I'm really excited! I've done most my shopping (on-line) but I want to get into the big city to hit a few stores. I've got our cards ordered - and I'll mail them this week....
We don't think our electric heat will kick on anytime soon..... we'll see.
"Thank you for your expertise & hard work John! Thank you for your help too hunny B!"
:)
Since we installed the stove - I'll have to think of a different place to put the Christmas tree (away from the fire).... ha ha. I'm looking forward to the next month. Every weekend there is something going on: Hanks Christmas get-together, Isaac's birthday party, Yacapraro party, EskDale School Christmas Banquet, Baker & EskDale schools Christmas plays. In between - we'll cut/ set up our tree & decorate for the holidays. I'm really excited! I've done most my shopping (on-line) but I want to get into the big city to hit a few stores. I've got our cards ordered - and I'll mail them this week....
The most exciting part? Grandpa and Grandma Hamilton are going to join us for Christmas this year (all the way from Ohio) !!!!!!! It's going to be a treat.... I can hardly wait!
*Singing* "Jingle Bells, Jingle Bells, Jingle all the way"..........
So much to do!.......
:D
:D
That will be nice. It looks great!
ReplyDeleteMiss you guys, hope we can make it your way sometime soon!
Love you and hope you have a great Christmas season!