Tuesday, October 25, 2011

A Bed of Golden Leaves

We coordinated a hike last Saturday with friends to Strawberry Creek. We loaded Gretchen's van with all 8 of us (5 very energetic kids). Judging by the photo below, they were looking forward to getting their little feet on the trail!
I actually took a lot of photos on this little adventure. I won't post them all - just my favorites :)

This was going to be the last warm weekend before a cold front moved in - and we were taking advantage of it! It was one of the nicest days in the month of October........

Group photo - op! (Gretchen, Isaac, Ava, Matthew, Emma, Nomi, Charlie, and myself)

The 4 years olds formed a "train" and choo chooed up the trail a little way.
"I think I can, I think I can".........
lol


The bridges are always the best place to take a break. With kids, you know the breaks always involve snacks...... Ha ha
The kids were very patient with us asking them to pose for photos. But, what do you expect on a day so inspiring?!
The kids and the Fall background make terrific photo subjects.............



This goes to show you how great the October weather was. Apparently, when it comes to kids - water makes their clothes come off! Ha ha
Ava had her shoes off as soon as her feet hit the bridge. Pretty soon - her, Matthew, and Charlie were wading through the water. Eventually more clothes came off. Then they found out how cold that water really was! Crazy kids! Gotta love their enthusiasm. When they dressed they cuddled with Nomi :)


I loved how the creek, trail, bridges, roads, and conifers were showered with the fallen aspen leaves. Everything appeared so sunny yellow! It was so attractive to me because yellow is my favorite color :) It makes everything feel so "happy."



The route reminded me of the end of a Robert Frost poem:

..........Two roads diverged in a yellow wood, and I,
took the one less traveled by,
And that has made all the difference.



To my amazement, the kids posed for us in a bed of golden leaves :)
I was very happy with how they turned out!


Gretchen suggested that they catch the falling leaves...........they loved doing that!

More fun games: Peek-a-Boo..........................
The chances are, out in the great outdoors someone is going to get hurt. Matthew was prepared with his little first aid kit. All the kids paused on the log while Matthew bandaged both Charlie and Ava. lol
How cute is that?



After we completed the trail we headed down to the old corral to have a picnic.




Gretchen snapped this photo of us
:)


We successfully wore the kids down.
lol
Good times; good times!
Saturday was a busy day for us. After this little hike - we did the Halloween Train in Ely that evening. Look for that on my next post..................

2 comments:

  1. Those are some great pics jen! All that yellow is pretty neat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rach! I could have stayed there all day - it was soooooo gorgeous and warm! Best October day!

    ReplyDelete