Bryan presented a talk for a UNLV Herpetological group last Saturday. It was a good opportunity to take the family on a little trip. The topic of his presentation: Herpetology of the Great Basin. I actually got to see some of it - with the kids running around in the hall next to us. My uncle Daryl, Michelle, and Justine came to see the program too.
Ava and Isaac sported the appropriate attire for the occassion........
After the presentation, the group had a dessert raffle. Check out these creative rice crispy treats:









The following day, Sunday, we took the tram from our hotel (Treasure Island) to the Mirage to see the new Dolphin, Tiger, Lion, and Leapard habitat. I'll tell ya - Vegas has everything. I shouldn't be surprised anymore. lol
There were a variety of trainers that would come out and interact with the dolphins.
It was hard not to fall in love with the dolphins - they loved the attention of people :)



















Seriously, this dolphin was flirting with Ava & Isaac and would "wave" when they waved.....
lol
lol
Ava really wanted to "ride" a lion. This is the best we could do ;)
Ha ha!
Here is the official tourist photo we got:


The Mirage experience was interesting (I'd do it at least once) - the dolphins stole the show for sure.
Sunday night we stayed at Daryl & Michelle's house where the last of the photos were taken:
Ava asks Bryan and I (at home) to tie a short rope on her pants when she plays "cat."
So, while in Vegas we went into Savers - where I found this outfit. She LOVES it.
No comments:
Post a Comment