Thursday, October 6, 2011

Autumn Greeting

Burrrrrrr - baby it's cold outside!
I wanted to post these photos from our drive the day before yesterday. Like I mentioned before, we timed it just before the road was closed in preparation of the winter storm. Some of the Quaking Aspen were just barely in transition. Last year , I thought, was a terrific year for fall foliage. I think there were even more colors this year - but who knows, I wasn't disappointed with last year or this year's trip ;)

Of course, we stopped at Mather Overlook first .......................


After that quick stop we made our way up to the Summit Trailhead............



The low hanging clouds looked pretty cool lingering amongst the quakies & conifers..............


Fresh powder on Wheeler. The peak was socked in with threatening clouds...............



AUTUMN LEAVES

Italic

Leaves in the Autumn came tumbling down,
Scarlet, and yellow, russet and brown,
Leaves in the garden were swept in a heap,
Trees were undressing, ready for sleep.
~unknown~

No comments:

Post a Comment