Isaac had his post-surgery follow-up yesterday. Despite the painfully long wait (especially with the kids) it went really good.

Dr. Morales was pleased with the results. He cut the blue stitch on Isaac's nose and took out the nasal retainer (nose tube). Isaac has to have a new larger one (to grow with) which I inserted and taped on today. This will remain in until early June. So far it's a bit high maintenance..... I've had to fix it several times already. But, it's nice to not have to put the arm restraints on Isaac and worry about his fingers going in his mouth anymore.
I wanted to get a picture of Dr. Morales with Isaac. He's been a huge part of our lives for many years and I feel like he's part of the family. What a rewarding job to have that effect on people's lives. Bryan took the photo and Ava was tired after all the waiting (as you can see in the picture). lol

We are still trying to convince Dr. Morales to come and visit us and Great Basin National Park. I know how incredibly busy he is but maybe someday we'll see him in our neck of the woods ;)

To prevent any scar tissue from forming we will massage Isaac's lip daily with vitamin E. He doesn't seem to mind that. He doesn't like it, however, when I keep manipulating the nose retainer. That's not my favorite part either.
Otherwise, we have hurdled the biggest challenge and look forward to the next chapter....
I'll post more pics later.......
:)
Isaac looks like Grady to me now. What a cutie :)
ReplyDeleteSo nice that that's all over with! Dr Morales seems like such a nice guy.
ReplyDeleteI need to come visit! Crazy cute kids. So glad things are going great. TTYL.
ReplyDelete