Tuesday, October 9, 2018

September Splendor

I've realized over the years that I take double the pictures in September than I do any of the other months. I did 3 separate trips up the Wheeler Peak Scenic Drive just for the Autumn experience. Each time was different. Some of the aspens were in their prime, some getting started, and some expired. But every time was beautiful.
The girls (Ava, Emma, and Willow) and I decided to hike to Stella Lake. The sky was mostly sunny with the occasional cloud. Blue backdrops were common on this trip.













Super Troopers!  Ava and Emma thoroughly enjoy each others company :)





I love walks through the forest in the Fall when the leaves cover the trail like a yellow brick road......













This is where we detoured towards the Wheeler Peak Summit trail..... a little more challenging, longer, and higher (to view more colors on the mountain).....











Our boots were back on the Stella Lake trail before we knew it.......




We enjoyed some snacks and a long rest......





We took our time on the back down to the parking lot. The girls would chat while I took pictures. We all enjoying the palates of colors surrounding us....



We decided to honor the forest by doing tree pose  ;)




The following weekend Adam, Audrey, mom, and I took grandpa Hanks up the drive to see the colors. We stopped at Mather Overlook. It was overcast and breezy. More clouds in the sky made it more dramatic.  It's interesting to see it in various lights in different times of day. The wind causes the aspen's colorful leaves to spin on the branches. They light up the landscape almost like flames on candles on certain times of the day.






I experienced Fall fever more this year! Maybe because we hot a long hot, dry summer!

  #septembersauntering   #changeisconstant

No comments:

Post a Comment