Thursday, September 27, 2018

FreeFALLin' !

September is one of my favorite months. There are still flowers (like sunflowers) in display but the leaves of the trees are turning their beautiful colors. A symbolic time. A noticeable, visible reminder that if anything is constant, it's change. The season of letting go....
Our friend, Donna, helped make our house cheery like a sunflower on a sunny day. She created 2 beautiful barn quilts. Now we are one of the stylish-looking houses in town! I look at them and it makes me happy. Thanks Donna! We love them! 




Willow continues to be my ready, willing, and adorable participant in my exercise program adding 45 extra pounds for me to pedal! I've had this child seat on my bike for over a decade now!
#sidekick





Ava has been getting into some yoga pose challenges. I'm proud and jealous at the same time. Looking at her I feel old haha. She will be a great yogi if she wants to be!


Speaking of feeling older, we are reminded of the years passing when we celebrate our anniversary September 12th. Fourteen years married; nineteen years together! So many adventures behind us and ahead of us! Luckily we have a great date night restaurant (Kerouac's) to celebrate! Cheers!


Most of September temperatures have been sizzling hot. Now that is the end of the month is here it's finally feeling like Fall with colder evenings. The rabbit brush in the valley is in full yellow bloom, but the trees are barely turning color. We have to drive up to 9,000 feet to see the aspens change.


The kids and I drove up the Scenic Drive. This would be the first of many trips up because it would be a gradual transition of changes in the leaves this year. I found a great looking ranger at Mather Overlook!


She works hard maintaining and keeping the park facilities clean. Her dependable and humble work ethic is admirable. She is amazing and I'm proud to call her mom!

#rangermom    #everydayhero    #green&grey





The Summit Trailhead was sporting colors of green, yellow, orange, and red.  I'm happy I took a picture of this tree stand because when I returned a few days later their leaves had already blown off!




While some leaves were ready to expire, my usual spot that I take pictures of the kids was just getting started! Haha
So I chose a different place on the other side of the parking lot :)




We drove over to the campground to see what the trees looked like in the meadow.....










My terrific trio! 




I'm fallin' for Fall! 
So, at 10,000 feet, Wheeler Peak starts its beautiful Autumn foliage. The wind causes the aspen colorful leaves to spin on their branches. They light up the landscape almost like flames on candles on certain times of day. Simply beautiful. It will keep calling me back! It draws me in......

#septembersauntering   #freeFallin'   #changeisconstant   #terrifictrio

No comments:

Post a Comment