"Oh, the places you'll go. Get on your way, your mountain is waiting!" ~ Dr. Seuss
We don't know where we are going ~ but I promise it won't be boring! :)
We stop to appreciate the colors that pop from the desert floor......
I appreciate those smiles :)
May showers brings summer flowers......
Once again, I am reminded how lucky we are to have the freedom to roam. We can literally drive 8 miles and be somewhere where there is not another soul around. The whole place to tackle on our own. I absolutely cherish the views in the Great Basin. It's a really Ahhh ha moment. We are meant to connect with earth.
How's this for a pit stop? We watched the constantly changing sky over the landscape.....
You can't really tell, but Snake Valley has had a great awakening with all the rain we've received. You could say we had our May weather in March and our March weather in May. The green was really "green." The wildflowers are going to be amazing this year!
Double arch formation....
Willow, my little hitchhiker, was not cooperating in the steep sections of the hike. She wanted to get down and walk with the rest of the kids. Obviously this was not an option. She may have been a little tired from no nap. But, she's also expressing her independence on many occasions, and may be giving up the pack. I hope not. I'm really going to need her tolerate it through our hikes this summer. I definitely allow her to run free in the safe zones of our hike :)
The neat thing about the mountains by Garrison is that IF we had been "caught in the rain" we would have had shelter from the storm. There are many holes and caves to take shelter in ;)
We all need to visit our happy place; seek the outdoors where your worries melt away......
On the way down from the mountains, Ava tripped and skinned both knees and an elbow. I have a feeling these aren't the only battle wounds will will dress this summer. Hopefully there won't be any broken bones; or they may as well "take me away heeee haw where life is happy all the time"... lol (assuming you remember that song; if not disregard).... Ha!
~ Don't miss the wonders that surround you; seize those moments! ~



























No comments:
Post a Comment