Tuesday, November 12, 2013

Passing the Time.....

This anticipation for labor pains is present. However, not much is happening. Well, at least I can keep busy and I have distractions.
My little clown keeps me laughing and entertained through the day while his sister is at school.


My little side kick also likes to help me out in the kitchen......


I've also had time to browse the internet. I enjoy going on pinterest and getting ideas from other people's blogs. My Mom is actually the one who got me interested in making my own laundry soap. She's still using the first batch she made. I figured with this new baby, our pile of dirty clothes is going to get larger ;) 

3 ingredients (combined total cost approximately $15), is all you need. You can also add Oxyclean booster or a box of baking soda if you want, which is an additional $4 at Family Dollar. Using a box of borax, box of washing soda, and 3 bars of soap; I got about 18 pounds of detergent (504 loads)! The best part about it is that it is super concentrated so you only need to use 2 TBS per load! I was a little skeptical about that measurement getting the clothes clean; but it really works!


The most time consuming part is grating the bars of soap; which took me approximately 15-20 minutes. Isaac and I combined the ingredients and mixed it up. Then, I found a large plastic container to put it in. "Laundry soap" isn't going to be written on my shopping list for a long time. You should all try it!
Simple!
I love those "Money Saving Mom" websites! I've got some other ideas to try too......



I had a doctor's appointment yesterday. My cervix is "favorable and ready" ~ now doesn't that just sound strange? lol
Now, if we can just convince the baby that we are ready to meet her........*sigh*
All this hanging-around-home waiting is driving me bonkers.
Let's get this party started already! 

2 comments:

  1. Good luck with the waiting. :D Hope she comes soon!

    I made my own laundry detergent, I think last Spring and I'm still using the first batch. I saw a trick on Pinterest about putting the bars of soap in the microwave for a minute and then chopping them up in the processor. It worked really well, but my house smelled like Fels Naptha for days...so I probably won't be doing that part of it again. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lol Annette; yeah, the grater is harder work it won't scent up your house for days. I don't know why I haven't done this earlier! You got on the smart boat long before me! lol

      Delete