This is one of my favorite creepy crawlies. I was excited to see one take up residence on our house. Cat-faced spiders are so cool looking. Plus whenever I see one I revert back to childhood memories when we used to feed these spiders in our clubhouse when we were about the age of 10. They were our playhouse "pets" I guess you could say. We would catch flies in mason jars throughout the day. Then we'd place the mouth of the jar up to the spider's web and watch the predator eagerly manuever over to mummify it's struggling prey. We had several cat-faced spiders in each corner of the clubhouse, or in the windows. They were treated like kings when we were there playing. We loved them.
lol
I can just imagine what some of you are thinking right now. We didn't have TV when we were kids, so we were easily entertained. I'm happy that my childhood was spent interacting with nature; not watching Nature.
My friends, cousins, and I had some great times!
Thankfully, Isaac and Ava show interest in the little things in life too.................
How cool is that? I hope these neat critters decided to hang out permanently......
:)
Nice close ups!
ReplyDelete