Friday, August 31, 2012

Casper Family Reunion: RockPort State Park

We've always talked about having a Casper Family Reunion. Thankfully, Audrey took the reins a few months ago and initiated a rendezvous location. She posted a time and place. It was held at Rockport State Park in Utah. The day was Saturday, August 18th. What a gorgeous part of the state (an area I wasn't familiar with) and apparently the "wet" part of it. There were many bodies of water; I was pleasantly surprised. I was excited to play and camp next to the lake. Mostly, I was excited to meet family members for the first time and see others that I haven't talked to in years. The first Casper family reunion was REALLY happening! There were people that couldn't make it; but hopefully we'll get the chance to do this again next year!

I like to think that those who passed, grandma & grandpa Casper, Colleen, Ruth, Mike, Barry, and Dad, ect.....were there in spirit; smiling and proud. 

Fire season was still in full swing and we drove next to one near Heber City on the way to Rockport State Park:



 



After many, many hours of driving we were excited to get to our site by the lake. People were already making a splash in the water..............

Warning: photo overload:






 


 





 


 



 



 








 



 




 



 





 

No comments:

Post a Comment