Wednesday, August 15, 2012

Ava's First Day of Kindergarten!

Today was the first day of Kindergarten! *Sniff* and a Woo Hoo!
I have mixed feelings as you can tell. I can't believe this day is here. Of course all the Kindergarten newbies have a great support system as they all make this big change together. They are all ready to tackle the first year! There are 12-15 kids, which is the largest class in many years. I'm looking forward to all the Christmas programs, Wheel-a-thons, and other various events (related to school) that are coming our way soon.


This morning we gave Ava an early birthday present that she would need in school:


 
It's a nap-bag (with pillow and covers) for story time ~
all decorated with horses of course :)



Ava and Isaac both tried it out........................... 

 




A quick picture to remember this special moment:


 
Ava kept asking, "Can we go now? Can we go now? Can we go yet?!"
Obviously, nothing but excitment....... to see her friends and ride the bus  ;)
It was a short walk to the post office pick-up and we all wanted to see her off.............




 
This is just a handfull of the new Kindergarteners..........

 
We hung around and anticipated the school bus's arrival...........

I don't know who was more excited ~ the parents or the kids.
LOL



 
Then, the bus pulled up and the door opened.  I think Matthew Baker proved to be the most excited kid. He practically dove into the bus! Haha :D

 



Nanna Val drove down from Home Farm to see her "kids" off on their first ride in the school bus to head to their first day of school. I thought that was really sweet. Seems like yesterday that Val was babysitting baby Ava at 5 months old....... and now next week Ava will be 5 years old!



Ava in school................. this is definately a shift in gears at our house.
I'll let you know how we adjust :)

No comments:

Post a Comment