Thursday, February 16, 2012

S.N.O.W. !!!!

This photo was taken a few days ago when I was taking the kids to preschool...............



Old Man Winter made a dramatic appearance yesterday marking February 15th as our first memorable snowfall .......



I took Monday off work in Ely due to the winter storm warning that was in effect. Wednesday was supposed to be the lighter snow day for travel (according to the forecast), so I rescheduled my clients for a full day Wednesday. It ended up being the worst day for travel - the morning wasn't too bad (except Conners Pass) but the evening commute was scary. That was the longest 70 mile drive from Ely ever. lol
But, I made it home safely :)

The storm continued through the night. This morning Snake Valley had 5 - 7 inches of snow!

MT. Moriah

Wheeler Peak

EskDale

We plan on taking advantage of the snow before the thirsty soil absorbs it all. It's already melting on this bright, sunny day!

One of the things that made the drive to Ely worth it yesterday? Bryan had this bouquet of flowers delivered to my office! It sure brings some amazing color to this white winter wonderland.

So beautiful!


Thank you Hunny B!
:)

2 comments:

  1. Great snow cover! We're still waiting for our first snow of the year here in Boston...it's been a pathetic winter!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe this system will move over to you - it was so sad here until now - we actually drag a hose around to water the trees and shrubs..... crazy! I'm hoping we get a few systems like this one. It's sure beautiful when the valleys AND mountains are white.

      Delete