Friday, February 10, 2012

Isaac

We had Isaac's follow-up appointment on Wednesday. Dr. Morales wants to perform a bone graft in 4 years (when Isaac is age six). Bone grafting is an operation which will involve taking a small amount of bone from somewhere on the body (hip, head, rib, or leg) and placing it near the teeth. This will provide stability/support for his permanent teeth. Plus it will improve symmetry to his gumline.
When I had this operation done (many years ago) the bone they used to graft was scraped from my skull. If I palpate my head on the left side - there's a pretty good dent..... lol
So, something for us all to anticipate......
I don't want to think of my little man being 6 years old right now anyway...... OR Ava at that!!!!



 
Just look at this kid ~ I think he can handle whatever comes his way...........

2 comments:

  1. My bone graft was from my hip. I have a scar but no dent. I think it's so awesome that the wonderful doctors you and I were both blessed with are still working and brilliantly capable in their field. That picture of Isaac is SO cute. He's growing up so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree Sharon! We were both blessed with great Doctors and put in good hands. After we left the hospital on Wednesday, I commented to Bryan "I hope Dr. Morales isn't retiring soon"........ lol

    They do grow up fast *sniff* ......... Thanks Sharon!

    ReplyDelete