Saturday we went to visit one of our favorite petroglyph places. I've photographed most of the artwork before, more than 7 years ago. It would be interesting to compare pictures from then and now.
We arrived around 2:00 in the afternoon so the south facing rocks were nicely lit up by sunlight exposing more of the ancient art. I didn't bother to take photos of the shaded side because I knew they would be difficult to make out. This Archeological site is never disappointing. There is so much to see.
This is where Bryan and I got engaged September 12, 2003.
Ava found a snake skin :)
Here's my self portrait :P
I loved the fact that there a lot of bighorn sheep carvings :)
Can you see the bighorn sheep in the photo above and in the following photos?
The next series of photos I'll let you look for the petroglyphs........what do you spot on the rock?
Don't worry, you really won't have to look too hard ;)
| Here's OUR artwork - more like a pictograph than petroglyph; but oh well :) |
As wild as a Mountain Lion! This is Ava's imitation of one:
| So poised! |
Of course, we couldn't depart the Archeological Site without an official photo with the carvings ;)
Who knows when we'd be back here again........
Until the road takes us to our next adventure.................
No comments:
Post a Comment