Tuesday, September 20, 2011

MT. Moriah ~ Making Memories: Part One

A couple of weekends ago we joined some friends on a great camping trip up to MT. Moriah. We've had to miss this camping trip the last two years because we had a newborn (Ava) one year and the second time I was pregnant with Isaac and didn't want to get out of my comfort zone.
So, of course we weren't going to miss it this time around!
I was happy we also had the 4 runner for this trip ~ it's the first time we've had to use 4 wheel since we bought it. The drive up was absolutely beautiful. It was early evening and the sun was going down fast. The rays of the sun danced on floor of Spring Valley as we winded up steep switchbacks.


There was quite the caravan of vehicles................

MT. Moriah in all its glory. We told Ava this is the mountain she was named after: Ava Moriah Hamilton :)
Her reply?
"I know," she said.
lol


After a lengthy drive, we made it to the site and set up camp. It was c.o.l.d. at approximately 11,000 ft! But, we were quickly warmed up by a delicious, hot bowl of chilli! That really hit the spot!
All the following photos were taken during the two day stay on the mountain. You'll notice they are pretty much all taken around the fire because it really never warmed up much even during the day. lol
But, that didn't dampen our spirits!


This is one way to warm chilly cheeks! lol
Awwwwwwww
Of course, we didn't make the trip all the way up MT. Moriah and not do a hike. I've been looking forward to this particular hike for a LONG time! I was determined to do it even if I had to haul a kid on my back!!!
Did we make it to "The Table" of MT. Moriah? You'll find out on my next post ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment