Sunday, September 25, 2011

Back in the Saddle Again..........

We had the opportunity to go horseback riding last Saturday. Some clients of mine, Dave & Monica, are good friends of a couple (Ken & Claudette) who owns property called Shadow Mountain Ranch. It is located on the North side of Success Loop near Miguel, NV. The lodge and grounds were absolutely beautiful! The weather was ideal - not too hot, but sunny :)
Granted, it's been years since I rode a horse - but it's a lot like riding a bike. I forgot how cinch a saddle - but I felt very comfortable riding. It's like a never took a break. It was a great feeling and I definately miss this activity! It's no secret Ava is passionate about horses ~ she was sooooo excited to climb on the back of a horse. I was excited for her too :)
There were many animals to meet on this ranch. This is "Daisy" the adorable old St. Bernard. She's so big and furry I couldn't stop hugging her............
There were a couple other dogs, a pig, ducks, geese, sheep, goat, donkey, alpacas, llamas, and of course, horses................

There was a cute little gosling born just this day. The protective parents were waiting for the other eggs to hatch..........

You should have seen these llamas and alpacas working the camera. It was quite funny. I told them they could "look but don't spit!!"
Ha ha ha


"Gimme Kiss!!!"

Before Ken went to retrieve the horses, we said "Hello" to them by feeding them grass & carrots.
I think they figured we were OK ;)


Isaac didn't know what to think of Monica at first. lol. But, they quickly made friends...... lol


Ken entered the pen to round the horses up one by one. I placed Isaac and Ava on the horse trailer to ensure they were out of the way.............


We took time to groom the horses before placing saddles on them; and continued to feed them carrots.......


I took took breaks in between to shoot these photos...................


Ken wanted to warm up "Thunder" in the round pen before heading out in the hills. This horse is the most high-spirited one............


We watched outside the pen. It was amazing, Ken taught the horse commands using hand signals. It was really impressive.


Ken invited Ava to ride "Taco" the donkey for a little bit. She didn't pass up that opportunity......


Ava - sportin' Monica's sun hat :)


Isaac got his turn too.......
Not sure what he thought of that................ he looks perplexed.
lol


After spending quality time with Taco. Ava graduated to a horse......
lol
She fell in love with "Ebay."


The kid is a natural!


Sometimes Ava is so photogenic it's crazy.
She looks like my covergirl cowgirl!
:)
I'm just a proud mamma ;)

I didn't end up taking my camera on the ride up the hill. Although I could have taken cool photos of the ranch from up there. But, I didn't want to have to carry it. We took turns taking various photos before we left the yard.............


While were were out - Claudette stayed behind and offered to watch Isaac. He had fun playing in the yard and on the equipment. She took some adorable photos of him:

Ok, Isaac is photogenic too!
Those kids didn't get that from me...............

When we got back - the horses and Taco got to roam, eat, and relax outside the pen.......


The day flew by, needless to say. We had such a blast! We would do it again in a heartbeat. Hopefully, we'll get to ride again soon. Ava will be talking about this for months. We made great new friends and memories. What a fantastic day!
Kids say the darndest things:
I was telling Monica and Dave about our recent hike up to the MT. Moriah Table. Ava interupted and exclaimed, "Yeah, and guess what? When we got up there - there was no table!"
LMAO
We ALL about rolled on the grass. Ava still doesn't know why we reacted that way :)
lol

No comments:

Post a Comment