Orange Cliffs Overlook:
We paused here for a long while. Looking down into the canyon and climbing the rocks.
Canyonlands reminds me a little of Capital Reef NP with these dimples in the rocks. Pretty cool....
It felt wonderful simply clinging to rocks like a lizards first soak in the sun.
Eventually we were inspired to move and explore some more.....
Grand Overlook: yes, it lived up to its name.
We perched on a rock at the Green River Overlook: Ahhhhhhh
Moab is especially beautiful this time of year because of the different colors of landscapes in the forefront of the snow-capped peaks....
Willow had a bad cold so she was feeling tired and unmotivated. I had to carry her in the pack a lot of the time. I let her hike in the easy sections and she had plenty of time to play in the red sand and find holes to climb up into :)
Eventually we caught up with the others......
Mesa Arch: fantastic!
Shafer Canyon Overlook: in all its glory.......
View of Potash Road (we drove this in 2015 HERE).
"The poetry of the earth never ends".......
The day wrapped up before we knew it. I was recharged; excited to see one new place after another.
I was ready for the next morning light!









































No comments:
Post a Comment