Bryan has been busy with field work this spring. It's nice to ride his coat-tails on some adventures, especially in the spring. The clouds roll in late in the day. The temperatures and light under the overcast skies are perfect! These photos were taken at the sink hole. The flowers were starting their palates of color on the valley floor.
The valley's are starting to warm up while winter remains on the snow-capped peaks.....
The sink hole is a pretty amazing place. A sight of wonder.....
This next photo was taken at Mather Overlook. It may take a while for all the snow to melt. I'm looking forward to hiking some trails this summer.
Meanwhile in my yard, my wild roses bloomed. Yellow, glowing beauties. Our trees have gotten so big around our property that it looks like an oasis now around the house. I'm so happy we planted a forest when we moved into this house a decade ago. The wind has finally calmed down and the temperatures warm enough to start planting veggies. I'm thrilled to start growing some tasty food!
One of photos I submitted to a contest made it on the cover of the "Ruralite" magazine, May 2017 issue. I called it "Busy Bee." They sent me a poster sized copy in the mail which was a total surprise. I love it! I think our precious pollinators need more attention and I'm glad to see the bee on the cover. It gave me a happy buzzzzz ;)
Speaking of busy, that's the definition of our lives. Summer break is around the corner. I'm looking forward to a more relaxed schedule that gives us a break from marching orders early morning and night. I'm aware that there will be chaotic days. But, the summer will feel short. We don't have any big trips planned. But, we plan to hike, swim, and camp and enjoy our amazing, local vistas.
No comments:
Post a Comment