Thursday, January 12, 2017

The Cabin

We spent some days near Portsmouth Ohio (as I mentioned in previous post). We stayed at the Shawnee Lodge a few nights. We got some good exercise in the pool. Our last night, we stayed in Ben & Deb's cabin in the woods, along the creek. Beautiful place......




Brad and Jody came for a visit :)



We wanted to take advantage of the warm winter weather, so we accessed a trail nearby. It was  Raven Rock State Nature Preserve.











I felt recharged walking through the forest, sun on my face, and leaves crunching beneath my feet. Ahhhhh moment.


Cool rock, perhaps fossil?










We made it to Raven Rock :)


The view was great. We looked down on the Ohio river. I imagined standing in the same place as a Shawnee Indian did at one time looking down on boats. What a cool spot to be still.....









Peering over the edge......














We walked underneath Raven Rock and found an alternate route back down.....




Poem carved in the rock:





It was a beautiful day for a walk in the woods.

The final night, we gathered at the cabin with friends. Brad brought some musical instruments. Ronny brought his guitar and we had a jam session. I didn't play too long.. I was having technical difficulties with the violin plus they are more professional than I could keep up with. But, I gave it a try :)
It was fun to drink my wine, visit, observe, and listen to Brad, Ronny, and Bryan do their thing.
Sarah gets credit for all of these photos (thanks Sarah!)....







Christmas Break flew by. It was great to take a break and plant ourselves in Ohio for a couple of weeks. We had a great time. I think I gained 8 pounds but that usually happens in winter anyways haha. Thank you for the hospitality Ben and Deb; you made it extra special. We appreciate it!


No comments:

Post a Comment