Monday, January 16, 2017

Happy New Year!

Hello 2017! Happy New Year! 
January has been a wet month, bringing large amounts of much needed snow to the mountains and valleys. Finally. The first 9 inches of snow melted in 24 hours because of climbing temperatures.
It really is a beautiful sight to see the sun rise come up over a white desert landscape.



Willow and I enjoyed a snow day while bother and sister were in school. It is so much fun to take photos in falling flakes.....











A moment of bliss....





We felt like we were in a snow globe. It was magical  ;)



After the big kids got out of school, the play didn't end. Moments are a little sweeter when shared with friends.....


This is one of my favorite photos of all time:  (flashback!) Emma and Isaac at 2 years old.


Here's the update 5 years later.....



One of the treasures of living in a community like Baker is that the kids grow up together. Forming relationships and connections that may last a lifetime. An extended family.



Let's talk about Ava. I think she was a polar bear in a former life. She is passionate about snow. She couldn't wait for it! Seriously, she asked everyday if there was some in the forecast. One morning at 6:30 when it was -5 degrees, she put on her gear and jumps in the snow before school. That's when I realized I had a crazy child hahahaha JK!


Because of Ava's enthusiasm for activity in the snow, she proves to be my favorite photography subject in winter. She just ~  goes for it! (reminder, get a helmet on this girl!)



We had so much snow that the sled wasn't really keeping up......the kids just got buried with it.
Snow much fun!  ;)



Emma also has a deep appreciation for snow; she'll just go and go too. These two are a power duo.


This is the town on a snow day. Baker is least priority when it comes to plowing. I took this shot about an hour before the plows arrived to clear roads....



Isaac and Willow can't resist the temptation as they sit on the sled with a lap full of powder....





You could feel the joy. I too appreciate days like these  :)


We made it to Gretchen's pond where the kids threw sleds down small slopes...







You can tell by now the temperatures were falling rapidly. Nose starts running and face turns red. Snow clings to the ends of lashes haha.
But, Willow was still having fun!



Matthew climbing (and falling) out of trees..... haha


Ernesto who lives nearby joined us.....


Isaac had a meltdown by now. He was ready to go by the fireplace. He was not dressed for the occasion very well. I hope he learned how to properly layer for winter activities through this experience. He started to slowly walk home, it felt 3 hours later than it was because of the dark sky.....




Zeek loves his nose in the snow too.....




That felt like a long day; but a good day for me.

Now that it's a new year, one is reminded of resolutions. I'm sticking to the same ones I've had for the last few years:
1. Keep "moving." (eating right means I can accomplish this task so that goes hand-in-hand)
2. Stretch
3. Keep de-cluttering
4. Be grateful
5. Seek nature as much as possible (earthing)
6. Being present (this is a hard one with so many distractions)
7. Make music, dance, "play" more
8. Remain connected to family and positive people
9. Work with intent; helping people through my small business
10. Grow a kick-ass garden! Had to throw that in......

The new one for this year is having Bryan become Dr. Hamilton! This is a huge one. This will be the greatest accomplishment of all! It will literally be life-changing for us. More, for him. Freedom!
I'm rooting for you HunnyB! We can do this!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment