I was so grateful when July came around to give us some cloud cover. That made a huge difference. I don't complain about the 90's anymore! We could get outside somewhat earlier in the evening. I spent a couple of weeks throwing extra water on the trees. The garden required watering twice a day. It was a high-maintenance time for the yard. It seemed I was just trying to keep things alive!
We were trying to keep ourselves hydrated too!
Any means of getting hydrated ;) ................. Haha
With the relief of the clouds and temperatures going back to the 90's like they should be this time of year, we were eager to jump back into our daily activities. I usually have massage appointments and garden watering in the morning ~ but much of the afternoon is spent in the sun, sand, and water!
We were able to get together with Gretchen, Matthew, and Emma a few times at their pond.....
Isn't this the picture of "summer" right here? What fun!
Pruess Lake has been our go-to spot for swimming most of the summer. We've spent many days relaxing on the beach and playing in the water.....
Ava caught a fish one time. It was the biggest fish Willow has ever seen here and I think she was impressed.....
In fact I know she was impressed; that expression is priceless!
lol
She wanted to take it home. She cried when Ava let it go. She repeated, "Bye, Bye fish!"
We brought our friends Jack and Ben to Pruess the following week......
At this time Willow was getting really good at practicing back floats and kicking her legs.....
Sometimes you have to seek shade :)
Ava taking a break from the boys....... Ha!
I encourage the kids to get as muddy as they want; so long as they have water to wash off with ;)
I told them I'm joining in the fun next time ;)
Jess and I took the kids and spent a whole afternoon.......
I'll end this post with one of our favorite swimming holes; Who's excited to go to Warm Springs again?!
Goes the Summer Clock :)











































No comments:
Post a Comment