My dad bought me this skeleton statue in the year of 2002 when I was in massage school. He knew my fascination with the human body.
I happened to be organizing a bookshelf and saw it. My eyes paused on it, and I couldn't help but chuckle, because I remember my dad's laugh when he gave it to me. It's funny because back in 2002 I couldn't relate to any computer/gadget addictions. But, here in 2015.... all my kids would LOVE to play electronics all day if I let them! Most of the summer we've been able to access the outdoors and get away from them; however there are those occasional hot days where the electronics can rule the house. I admit, it's nice to get my kids out of my hair so that I can accomplish some things of my own while they play Minecraft or something. But, those days where they get instant gratification for hours from electronic devices and then they want instant gratification from me and show it with disrespectful behavior ~ that's when I know that they have "Surfed too long." Even Steve Jobs had strict rules for his kids when it came to his popular devices. They are a great tool when you need them; but can be hard on your health and relationships if you let them.
If dad only knew how much I needed this reminder statue, and how much I really appreciate it.
Now, more than ever. Haha
So, on those hot days sometimes you have to get creative. Even if it's just planting your feet in grass, enjoying a popsicle in the shade........while hummingbirds buzz around your head ;)
That applies to me too! I never want Facebook to replace the connection & conversations I have with actual people in front of my face :)


No comments:
Post a Comment