Saturday, May 16, 2015

Tangents/ In No Particular Order

I believe I mentioned in a previous post that the month of May has been a wet one. It's been refreshing for my garden. I plan to have a kick ass garden this year. The last two have been so so (I was pregnant or had a new kid; can you blame me). Ha! Anyway, so far the progress is a little more promising and I'm getting excited. Along with rain comes darker skies which makes it great for napping. Meaning Willow of course, as I rarely have a moment to actually do that myself ;)
Or the skies are darker in the morning which makes it even more challenging to peel ourselves out of bed......



I enjoy those moments of peace. The sweet sound of silence; except a gentle soothing breath.
What a sleeping beauty.......


As soon as her eyes pop open, someone is ready to take on the day. Obviously that wouldn't be me. Ha!




Willow is in a growth spurt. She eats a lot! Probably more than Isaac and Ava put together!


All the rain storms have made for some pretty skies. I was rewarded with this view driving back from Ely one Friday in Spring Valley. Simply beautiful......




I drove next to some deer in the park when I went to pick up the kids from the sitter. Their fur was soaked from sitting in the rain all day.....




It's crazy to think that Isaac won't be with me around the house as much in the fall, as he starts kindergarten. He has been my little sidekick for a while. I'm going to miss that little man, and our little moments. It'll be a whole other chapter; one he's been looking forward to for two years!
Will he ever volunteer to do the dishes again? Or will he be too cool in school? Haha


There will always be time somewhere in the day to experiment and do activities ~ like when we made homemade silly putty.......


....... and Ava making things out of cardboard boxes. By the way, cardboard boxes are a huge hit around our house. She made a TV and proceeded to perform a nature show about rattlesnakes for us :)


As far as my exercise program, I wing it on a day to day basis ~ around functions, kids, and doing bodywork. Speaking of massages, it really gives me a great upper body workout (I clock in at least a dozen hours a week). I've had to really concentrate on my lower half and try to get some cardio in. So, Willow and I, when the weather allows ride bikes at least three times a week. Stretching is usually a no brainer and comes natural throughout my day, as it's imprinted in my brain. Mostly because I encourage my clients to stretch, and I like to practice what I preach.  I'm much more flexible than I used to be two years ago. Movement is what really counts the most anyway.


It's nice to have a workout partner! 


Isaac's friend Emma learned how to ride her bike without training wheels. Isaac was suddenly inspired to "lose" his too! They are both going to enjoy the wheel-a-thon even more this year!
Riding bikes is a hobby we all share around here......



There are many simple pleasures ~ from watching your child take off on a bike for the first time without training wheels, to being able to visit a special someone. Grandpa Hanks was planting corn when I showed up at the house. I walked over and he said, "You know, there used to be a time when I was able to put the seed where I wanted to. Now, I'm not sure where it's going." lol
Together, we placed those kernels where they needed to be. We got much more out of the moment than planting rows of corn :)



Grandpa always shakes his head when I take photos of him. I told him it was important to me because he was important to me.......



Grandpa has slowed down, but he's steadfast when it comes to his garden. He says every year that he'll plant a smaller garden, but in the end it's a larger one. Haha
He keeps that green thumb busy. I love this man ~ the twinkle in his eyes, and those suspenders!


I'll end this post with one of the sweetest things on the planet; a brand new baby.
This is the newest member of Snake Valley. Lily is our friend Patrick & Jessica's little girl. Pretty soon Willow and Lily will be running around together. That will come true in the not so distant future ;)


She's such a precious little bundle......


I can't wait to get her in on our adventures! There's much to look forward to!

No comments:

Post a Comment