I was able to convince the kids to pose by the tree (to be honest I said something like, "If you want to open presents, we need to take a photo")...... lol
It wasn't a white Christmas; yet.
The little drummer boy.........
Bryan and Sarah took the kids to a playground with a skate park. I stayed behind while Willow took a nap. Bryan took a spill off Ava's Razor scooter going down a ramp and ended up breaking his fibula and torking his ankle badly enough that two bones are going to need surgery. He calls it "an old man on a scooter" accident. I admit, I was unhappy about it for days. I guess I felt like it put a wet blanket on our plans and put me in a position to do all the work. Mostly I was mad because I wasn't there to try to put a stop to it and it's quite frankly it's a huge inconvenience for everyone. Who knows if my presence would have changed the situation though. After time passed I realized that he is in the most miserable position, as he has to sit around all day for possibly weeks on weeks. My anger has turned to frustration and feeling bad for him. So, here is how he spent his time, after returning from Urgent Care on Christmas Day:
It's going to be a l.o.n.g. 800 mile drive back...... but, we are tough :)
Christmas night we got a fresh blanket of snow......
It turned very cold, I mean single digit cold. Brrrrrrrr
It is so great to pass the time with Sarah, Waseem, and Violet even those days we have cabin fever :)
Thank you all for the presents and love you sent to help make Christmas Day special!
((HUGS)) Jenny!
ReplyDeleteI would have been upset about all of that too, hope things have gotten a little bit better.
lol thanks Annette, things are much better now that we are over the drive :)
Delete