Saturday, January 24, 2015

Inside, Outside, Upside Down

I didn't really know what to title this random blog post ;)
With our world a little out of balance with Bryan's recovery we've been doing pretty well with ourselves. Bryan is able to go to work (and write) much of the time. I've been keeping up with scheduling appointments. The kids keep busy. If they don't, that's when we feel the need to pull our hair out. Whenever I face a challenge, I remind myself, "This too shall pass."
lol

Bryan went to the Orthopedic doctor to get a follow-up. Things look pretty good. Part of his foot is still numb; we are hoping that is part of the swelling. We'll know more later. He didn't get a cast. In fact, he's supposed to start putting a little pressure on it (with crutches, of course). Here's to continuous healing.......



  Ava took up a new hobby: sewing.
She's getting good!


Willow is always busy getting into things. I usually find my kitchenware or other random things spread across the house (or in the toilet, yuck!). Always a new challenge with her.
She especially loves to throw things and put objects on her head.


She's saying many more words (and jibber-jabbers) ~ and throws more tantrums which sometimes involve no real tears. Ha! 
Yeah, it's hard being a 1 year old! 




Isaac finished the 250+ pages of the "Ultimate Dick and Jane" book. Now we are on to Bob books and others. He's really good at sounding out words. He's so really for Kindergarten next year! 


Isaac had an abscess in his gums over his left big tooth (he didn't even complain about it) which caused his tooth to become weak. Now, he already has a loose tooth. He doesn't seem to want to wriggle it out, which is what the dentist wanted him to do. If he doesn't pull it out (or let us) we'll have to go to return to the dentist and have them do it.



One 50 degree day in January, Isaac painted his bird house......



Willow is getting a couple more teeth (always 2 at a time)........ she's just growing like a weed





The game of "Airplane" never gets old in his house......









We introduced it to Willow and she found it thrilling too.....




The kids and I, and almost a dozen of our friends met at the bowing alley for some Martin Luther King weekend fun. Then, we went out for dinner. We need to do this more often!



Willow has a new-found love for fresh carrot juice! She drinks 4 - 5 ounces at a time!
I'm trying to avoid turning her into a Umpa Lumpa! 
Hahahaha :D


She knows what's good for her!


We made it to the West Desert/EskDale basketball game. It was so great! We are going to try to go to as many home games as we can to support the team. They are doing a fabulous job this year!
"Go Hawks!"


Like these boys, sometimes frantically racing across the court to grab that ball, I feel like I'm doing the same thing trying to keep up with the demands of the day......

Thank goodness the days are getting longer now :) 

“In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: it goes on.” 

2 comments:

  1. Wow, you all have been so busy! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, I thought the winter would slow us down. It hasn't yet. Probably the weather? At least part of it :)

    ReplyDelete