As you can see by the map, it's pretty extensive......
At the gated entryway, the lock was quite tricky.......
As you can see, we stirred up some dust in a couple of rooms..........
Parts of the cave were decorated with stalactites, stalagmites, popcorn, soda straws, and drapery.
There were also many more colors than I expected........
The cave proved to be an obstacle course, especially for the kids. We went up and down ladders, squished our bodies through tight passageways, slide down flowstone like a slide on our bottoms.....
I was glad to be in there with Gretchen, she's the professional at this......and I think she feels at home in a cave. lol
The little spelunkers......
Evan took this photo of us below :)
It was early evening when we exited the cave.
Evan, Matthew, and Ava were eager to get to the truck where the snacks were........ lol
These are the days that really make me long for summer to arrive.....
Simply wonderful.
Old Man's Cave was an ideal spelunking adventure. Even though we got a good workout, I didn't feel like an old man the next day! Haha
*Thanks Gretchen and Clint!*
If you would like to see more photos, Gretchen posted some on her blog: Here
Your photos turned out awesome!!!
ReplyDeleteThank you Gretchen! Next time I'm going to bring my point-and-shoot camera :) lol
ReplyDelete