Two batteries + one gum wrapper = improvised lighter
Adam and Bryan were talking about how you can supposedly ignite a fire with a couple of batteries and a gum wrapper. They eagerly wanted to put it to the test. I thought I got a video of it, but apparently I failed. You just have to believe the following photos. Would I lie to you? Plus, this has been done many times before (as I noticed on YouTube) ~ just not by Adam and Bryan. Until now.
;)
Adam ripping the gum wrapper and forming a thin bridge connecting each piece.......
Connecting the tops of the batteries with the wrapper......
It didn't take long before something started to happen............
Suddenly, there was a flame!
Caution: (hot) Fire!
Not only did it work ~ but it worked almost effortlessly (from my point of view)....... lol
Moral of the story: Have on hand 2 batteries and gum wrappers in your emergency kit?
How cool is that?
That is cool! We did a little experimenting (without the kids-don't want to give them ideas!) and found that it's really important to have strong batteries for this.
ReplyDeleteYeah, I would like to know how bad it drains the battery..... lol
ReplyDelete